- CHAM health facilities deliver 37% of health services in Malawi, and serves a catchment area of 30% of Malawi’s population.
- 85% of Malawi’s population is rural. CHAM provides up to 75% of health services in rural areas.
- In 2013, 54% of CHAM facilities offered modern family planning services, while most others provided education on natural methods.
- CHAM facilities provide 22% of Malawi’s antenatal care, and deliver 23% of Malawi’s babies.
- In 2020, CHAM provide testing and counseling services for HIV to about 380, 412 individuals representing a 19% of the national number.
- Health facilities have implemented numerous community-based projects, including school-based eye clinics, family planning and HIV prevention programs and empowerment programs.