The Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM) with funding from the Rockefeller Foundation through AMREF Health Africa is to implement a Vaccine Action Network (VAN) Project to accelerate COVID-19 vaccinations by addressing demand-side barriers. Supported activities primarily enhance demand creation for COVID-19 vaccines, with additional support for building health worker capacity and vaccine administration to complement demand generation as needed. In order to achieve the above and build local resilience of the health system, CHAM will be working with district health offices in Chiradzulu and Phalombe.
CHAM invites applications for the positions of Data Clerk as follows:
Position: Data Clerk
Department: Health Programmes
Reports to: VAN Senior Technical Officer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the logistics team to secure data management tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Recording client data in registers
- Processing and reporting office and field documents
- Transferring data from paper formats into computer files or database systems using keyboards, data recorders or optical scanners.
- Verifying data by comparing it to source documents.
- Updating and maintaining existing data.
- Performing regular backups to ensure data preservation.
- Sorting and organizing paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost.
- Ensuring all queries related to recording vaccines are resolved in a timely manner.
- Welcoming and reassuring clients of confidentiality where necessary.
- Ensuring health and safety at vaccination sites.
- Ensuring proper management of project materials and equipment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in IT from any accredited training institution
- At least 2 years of working experience in a similar position
- Experience in data systems e.g. DHIS2
- Hands-on experience in data entry and use of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel, etc).
Requisite Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with people from the communities
Interested candidates should download a standard Employment Application Form from the CHAM website at www.cham.org.mw. A completed Employment Application Form, Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees, copies of academic certificates, and a cover letter should be submitted to: email@example.com or to the following postal address: Executive Director, CHAM Secretariat, P.O Box 30378, Lilongwe 3.
The closing date for receiving applications is 13th February 2023 and only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
CHAM uses very competitive recruitment and selection processes therefore the organization does not accept bribes or gifts in any form for the purpose of offering employment to any candidate.