Demand Creation Officer
The Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM) with funding from the Rockefeller Foundation through AMREF Health Africa is to implement a Vaccine Action Network (VAN) Project to accelerate COVID-19 vaccinations by addressing demand-side barriers. Supported activities primarily enhance demand creation for COVID-19 vaccines, with additional support for building health worker capacity and vaccine administration to complement demand generation as needed. In order to achieve the above and build local resilience of the health system, CHAM will be working with district health offices in Chiradzulu and Phalombe.
CHAM invites applications for the positions of Demand Creation Officer as follows:
Position: DEMAND CREATION OFFICER
Department: Health Programmes
Reports to: VAN Senior Technical Officer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparing a weekly work plan outlining demand creation activities.
- Identifying and working with community mobilizers during the implementation of demand-creation activities for vaccine administration.
- Conducting community engagement activities such as dialogues to ensure buy-in of activities from time to time.
- Collecting and compiling mobilization data and submitting weekly reports to the Project Coordinator.
- Responding to project issues as and when they arise in the community to ensure continued support from community gatekeepers as well as community members at large.
- Facilitating door-to-door messaging and follow-up Adverse Events Following Immunizations (AEFIs) visits in collaboration with facility personnel.
- Building and maintaining partnerships with community-based organizations, religious institutions, and village influencers to sustain vaccine demand.
- Working hand in hand with the DHO/ DHMT/ DEC in planning and implementing VAN demand creation activities.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or Environmental Health from any accredited University
- At least 2 years of working experience in health community mobilization and engagement, behavior change communication programs, or communication for development.
Requisite Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Creative, proactive, self-starter, and effective team player.
- Cultural awareness, ethics, and integrity.
- Valid Motorcycle License.
Interested candidates should download a standard Employment Application Form from the CHAM website at www.cham.org.mw. A completed Employment Application Form, Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees, copies of academic certificates, and a cover letter should be submitted to: email@example.com or to the following postal address: Executive Director, CHAM Secretariat, P.O Box 30378, Lilongwe 3.
The closing date for receiving applications is 13th February 2023 and only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
CHAM uses very competitive recruitment and selection processes therefore the organization does not accept bribes or gifts in any form for the purpose of offering employment to any candidate.