Finance Intern (2)
The Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM) is an ecumenical association of Church-owned health facilities and training colleges in Malawi. CHAM is the second largest provider of health services in Malawi, with member health facilities located in rural areas. CHAM Secretariat is the central coordination unit of the Association. Therefore, internship opportunities have arisen at CHAM Secretariat in Lilongwe as follows:
Finance Intern (2)
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Finance Officer
Purpose of the Position
Providing support to the Finance team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing invoices and bank deposits.
- Processing and reconciling MRA payments.
- Preparing payment vouchers and writing Cheques.
- Preparing bank reconciliations.
- Assisting in internal and external audit activities.
- Maintaining and updating Finance records and documents.
- Updating the CHAM Fixed Asset Register.
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or Commerce from an accredited University.
Requisite Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, dynamic, and creative.
- An outstanding team player with a high level of integrity.
Interested candidates should download a standard Employment Application Form from the CHAM website at www.cham.org.mw. A completed Employment Application Form, Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees, copies of academic certificates, and a cover letter should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following postal address: Executive Director, CHAM Secretariat, P.O Box 30378, Lilongwe 3. The closing date for receipt of applications is 17th February 2023 and only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
CHAM uses very competitive recruitment and selection processes. The organisation, therefore, does not accept bribes or gifts in any form to offer employment to any candidate.