The Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM) is an ecumenical association of Church-owned facilities in Malawi and the Secretariat is the central coordination unit of the Association. CHAM is the second largest provider of health services in Malawi with 195 member facilities located in remote and hard to reach areas.
The objectives of CHAM are to facilitate, provide technical support, and develop health services among all member facilities in order to achieve equity in access to health care, patient care and in all matters, to act for the benefit of the people of Malawi.
Therefore, CHAM Secretariat invites applications for the positions of Grants Accountant as follows:
Position: GRANTS ACCOUNTANT
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Finance Manager
Scope of work
To oversee the management of donor specific projects finances including liquidations and preparation of financial reports, proposals and budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing and reviewing budget proposals for projects.
- Preparing bank reconciliations for projects.
- Maintaining, updating and analysing data in the financial information system.
- Ensuring that there is integrity and proper management of finance data.
- Preparing audit schedules and following up on audit queries for projects.
- Preparing Income and Expenditure Reports for projects in liaison with project staff.
- Preparing financial reports for projects.
- Reviewing payment/cash liquidations for projects.
- Preparing and reviewing monthly Payrolls.
- Maintaining and updating fixed asset registers for projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited institution.
- Studying final stages of a professional qualification.
- Minimum five years’ working experience in grants management.
- Experience in using Sunsystem Accounting application will be an added advantage.
- Registered with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Malawi (ICAM).
Requisite Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Working knowledge of US Govt. funding agencies policies, regulations and directives applicable to award management, compliance and risk management, including CFR, FAR, ADS, etc.
- Excellent analytical and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results on time.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates should download a standard Employment Application Form from the CHAM website at www.cham.org.mw. A completed Employment Application Form, Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees, copies of academic certificates and a covering letter should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following postal address: Executive Director, CHAM Secretariat, P.O Box 30378, Lilongwe 3.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 24th January 2023 and only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
CHAM uses very competitive recruitment and selection processes therefore, the organisation does not accept bribes or gifts in any form for the purpose of offering employment to any candidate.