The Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM) is an ecumenical association of Church-owned facilities in Malawi and the Secretariat is the central coordination unit of the Association. CHAM is the second largest provider of health services in Malawi with 195 member facilities located in remote and hard to reach areas.
The objectives of CHAM are to facilitate, provide technical support, and develop health services among all member facilities in order to achieve equity in access to health care, patient care and in all matters, to act for the benefit of the people of Malawi.
Therefore, CHAM Secretariat invites applications for the positions of Human Resources Officer as follows:
Position: HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
Department: Human Resources Management
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Scope of work
To provide support in various Human Resources and related functions for CHAM Secretariat and CHAM member units.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitating recruitment and deployment of staff at CHAM Secretariat and member units.
- Formulating and reviewing job descriptions and specifications.
- Assisting in Performance Management Processes for CHAM Secretariat.
- Strengthening capacity of HR Officers in CHAM member units in order to provide quality Human Resources services.
- Facilitating HR audits for CHAM member units.
- Supporting the management in disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Maintaining and updating HR records and processing all HR related paperwork.
- Administering Payrolls for the Secretariat and CHAM Units.
- Managing CHAM Secretariat medical scheme.
- Preparing HR reports and activities programs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management from an accredited University.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a similar position.
- Working experience in NGO and private sector will be an added advantage.
Requisite Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Very good team player and delivers results on time.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Good decision making skills and a problem solver.
5. Conversant with Labor and Industrial Relations Laws of Malawi.
Interested candidates should download a standard Employment Application Form from the CHAM website at www.cham.org.mw. A completed Employment Application Form, Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees, copies of academic certificates and a covering letter should be submitted to: email@example.com or to the following postal address: Executive Director, CHAM Secretariat, P.O Box 30378, Lilongwe 3.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 24th January 2023 and only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
CHAM uses very competitive recruitment and selection processes therefore, the organisation does not accept bribes or gifts in any form for the purpose of offering employment to any candidate.