The Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM) is an ecumenical association of Church-owned health facilities and training colleges in Malawi. CHAM is the second largest provider of health services in Malawi, with member health facilities located in rural areas. CHAM Secretariat is the central coordination unit of the Association.
An internship opportunity has arisen at CHAM Secretariat in Lilongwe as follows:
Position: INTERNAL AUDIT INTERN
Department: Internal Audit
Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
Purpose of the Position
To assist in the review of policies, processes, guidelines, and practices; and ensure that these are adhered to at all times in CHAM including the Secretariat, facilities, and donor-specific projects. This includes a review of control systems and processes for the adequacy and effective operation of internal controls.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting and executing internal audit assignments in accordance with the annual audit plans.
- Assisting and examining transactions for accuracy and compliance with accounting policies, project guidelines, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Assisting and reviewing, testing, and reporting on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and making recommendations on improving identified weaknesses.
- Assisting and conducting special fraud investigative assignments.
- Assisting and carrying out nationwide follow-up audits and verifying that management corrective actions in response to internal audit recommendations are implemented.
- Timely preparation of reports for review by the Internal Audit Manager.
- Organising and maintaining audit files and ensuring that working papers are properly filed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or Commerce – Internal Audit from the University of Malawi or other accredited Universities.
- Must be in good standing with their regulatory body.
Requisite Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Knowledge of modern auditing techniques and ability to stay up-to-date on current developments in the accountancy and auditing profession.
- Working experience in internal auditing in an NGO and donor-funded projects.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and accounting packages.
- Self-starter, team player, and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Interested candidates should download a standard Employment Application Form from the CHAM website at www.cham.org.mw. A completed Employment Application Form, Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees, copies of academic certificates, and a cover letter (addressed to Executive Director, CHAM Secretariat, P.O Box 30378, Lilongwe 3) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 24th May 2023. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
CHAM uses very competitive recruitment and selection processes. The organisation, therefore, does not accept bribes or gifts in any form for the purpose of offering employment to any candidate