The Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM) is an ecumenical association of Church-owned health facilities and training colleges in Malawi. CHAM is the second largest provider of health services in Malawi, with member health facilities located in rural areas. CHAM Secretariat is the central coordination unit of the Association. Therefore, internship opportunities have arisen at CHAM Secretariat in Lilongwe as follows:
Department: Business Development Unit
Reports to: Pharmacy Manager
Purpose of the Position
To assist the Pharmacy Manager in executing operations of the CHAM DRF.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operating supply chain software (records of received items and delivery notes as well as all other important documents)
- Liaising with warehouse assistant on what products need to be stocked,
- Linking with finance and procurement to order items
- Collecting consumption data and assisting in facilities’ pharmacy issues
- Delivering DRF items to facilities.
- Marketing DRF items and preparing marketing materials.
- Producing monthly Pharmacy sales records from supply chain software
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Pharmacy. Those with Certificate in Pharmacy and Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Administration can be considered.
- Registration with professional bodies is a must.
Requisite Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Good knowledge of wholesale pharmacy operations
- Results-oriented and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication, analytical, and report-writing skills
- Team player with the ability to work in a diverse group
Interested candidates should download a standard Employment Application Form from the CHAM website at www.cham.org.mw. A completed Employment Application Form, Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees, copies of academic certificates, and a cover letter should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following postal address: Executive Director, CHAM Secretariat, P.O Box 30378, Lilongwe 3. The closing date for receipt of applications is 17th February 2023 and only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
CHAM uses very competitive recruitment and selection processes. The organisation, therefore, does not accept bribes or gifts in any form to offer employment to any candidate.