The Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM) is an ecumenical association of Church-owned facilities in Malawi and the Secretariat is the central coordination unit of the Association. CHAM is the second largest provider of health services in Malawi with 187 Health Facilities and 11 Training Colleges which are located in all parts of the country. Most of the Health Facilities are situated in remote and hard-to-reach areas. The objectives of CHAM are to facilitate, provide technical support, and develop health services among all member facilities to achieve equity in access to health care, and patient care and in all matters, to act for the benefit of the people of Malawi.
CHAM Secretariat invites applications for the position of Resource Mobilization Officer as follows:
Position: RESOURCE MOBILIZATION OFFICER
Department: Business Development Unit
Reports to: Business Development Unit Manager
Purpose of the Job
To facilitate resource mobilization; develop and manage relationships with donors; develop proposals to donors in liaison with other departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Helping in identifying funding opportunities, listing them, and sharing the information with the Business Development Manager.
- Assisting with funding proposal writing processes. This involves writing project and budget plan proposals and sometimes jointly submitting a project proposal.
- Assisting the Business Development Manager in developing a fund generation and resource mobilization Work Plan and constantly following up on the implementation of the plan.
- Assisting in mobilizing non-financial resources from private sector entities, individuals, and corporate agencies.
- Coordinating processing of agreements in connection with funding opportunities and ensuring effective and timely follow-up in terms of submission of reports to the donors and grant renewal proposals.
- Ensuring that fundraising and resource mobilization information is up to date.
- Assisting the Business Development Manager in communicating with CHAM’s clients.
- Assisting in the assessment of the business environment and helping to come up with better business strategies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Business or Public Administration, Business Communication, or related field.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, as evidenced by experience in drafting documents for external use, ideally successful fundraising proposals
- Minimum 5 years of working experience with non-profit organizations
Requisite Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- A self-starter, strategic thinker, and very creative
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results on time
- A good team worker with excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, marketing, and networking skills
- Budget monitoring and tracking skills
Interested candidates should download a standard Employment Application Form from the CHAM website at www.cham.org.mw. A completed Employment Application Form, Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees, copies of academic certificates, and a cover letter (addressed to Executive Director, CHAM Secretariat, P.O Box 30378, Lilongwe 3) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 13th April 2023. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
CHAM uses very competitive recruitment and selection processes therefore, the organization does not accept bribes or gifts in any form to offer employment to any candidate.