Job Title: ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER OFFICER
Job Grade: CM4
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
Scope of Work
To provide management and leadership for administration and overall office
management functions in the organisation and point person for administration and
security issues in the organisation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that appropriate administrative processes, procedures and systems are in place and are adhered to.
- Taking responsibility for risk management processes as regards administration and logistics.
- Ensuring that CHAM facilities and residential properties are maintained properly.
- Responsible for asset management and security management, including insurance for CHAM assets.
- Processing payment requests and tracking utility bills and city rates.
- Ensuring that travel and meeting logistics are adequately facilitated.
- Fleet management, ensuring that vehicles are kept clean, in good running condition, and roadworthy.
- Managing fuel usage, calculations, and reconciliations.
- Executing leadership, development, and motivation of the administration team.
- Preparing annual administration budget and corresponding work plans.
- Preparing monthly administration reports.
- Performing any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration from an accredited University
- Minimum three years of working experience in a similar position
- Experience working with international cooperating partners and in the health sector
Requisite Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of NGO sector administrative processes
- Strong management, team building, and motivational skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural environment
- Negotiation, facilitating and influencing skills
- Computer literate and proficiency in Microsoft Office
1. Interested applicants must download a standard Employment Application Form
from the CHAM website, at www.cham.org.mw/careers
2. The applicants must submit a completed Employment Application Form, copies of
academic and professional certificates, a recent CV with three traceable referees and
a covering letter to
email@example.com addressed to:
The Executive Director
Christian Health Association of Malawi
P O Box 30378
3. The e-mail’s subject line must include the post being applied for.
4. Applications must be received by close of business on 04th October 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CHAM uses very competitive recruitment and selection processes. Therefore, the
organisation does not accept bribes or gifts in any form for the purpose of offering
employment to any candidate.