Achieving Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Saturation in Malawi under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR
The purpose of the project “Achieving Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Saturation in Malawi” under the president’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) is supporting the government of Malawi in improving uptake and access to quality VMMC services in CDC-supported district. The project aims at increasing uptake of services and coverage of male circumcision among the age group 15-29 in CDC-supported District between 2020 and 2025 (end of the Project) from the current low level to 80%.
Donor : Centers for Disease Control Prevention (CDC)
Duration : Five year
Location : Lilongwe
Area of Focus
- Provision of VMMC service delivery through static, outreach, and mobile services.
- Strengthen targeted demand creation approaches targeting men aged 15 and above.
- Improve referral and linkage to VMMC from other service delivery points and linkage to ART services for men testing positive in VMMC setting.
- Implement minimum package of VMMC, including the minimum package of clinical and prevention services, according to national and WHO guidelines.
- Implement continuous quality improvement activities to ensure quality of services.
- Conduct regular supervision and mentorship to all sites.
- Conduct regular (bi-weekly) data reviews to monitor performance towards targets.